Our Objective is to provide the best service we can for our patients but we do need patients’ co-operation to achieve this. The following shows a brief list of your main rights and responsibilities as a patient:
- You will be treated as an individual and will be given courtesy and respect at all times.
- You have the right to be treated confidentially.
- New patients will be offered an interview with the doctor – the practice does not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender, social class, age, religion, disability or medical condition.
- You have the right to an explanation in writing if you are removed from the practice list.
- You have a right to information about your own health. You have a right to see your own medical records subject to the limitations of the law. A charge may be made.
- If there is a substantial delay when attending for your appointment at the surgery, you will be given an explanation.
We ask that you treat our doctors and staff with courtesy and respect.
Be honest in all your communications with staff and doctors.
Attend surgery appointments on time – or, if you are unable to attend, cancel in advance.
Consult in a sober state, neither under influence of drugs or alcohol.